Retirement Income Reality Check
Published Friday, November 22, 2019 at: 7:00 AM EST
With stocks closing today near an all-time record high, a good chance of an increase in Federal tax rates in 2021, and the deadline for end-of-year tax tactics closing in, this is a reminder to run a reality check on your retirement income plan.
The $1 trillion federal deficit, the soaring U.S. debt level to pay for entitlement, and changing political fortunes make it much more likely that income taxes will head higher.
Managing your tax bracket now — with the growing likelihood of a hike in federal income tax brackets — can lower your tax bill not just this year but next year, as well. This is especially timely for business owners with an interest in a pass-through entity, like an LLC, S corp, or a sole proprietorship.
The possibility of higher tax rates, along with the stock market's recent highs, presents an opportunity for individuals with a concentrated position in a single stock. With the end of the year approaching, this is a good time to consider taking a long-term taxable gain to lower your risk of something going wrong with that company or industry.
The Standard & Poor's 500, after closing at a record high on Monday of 3,122.03, closed the week at 3,110.29.
This article was written by a veteran financial journalist based on data compiled and analyzed by independent economist, Fritz Meyer. While these are sources we believe to be reliable, the information is not intended to be used as financial or tax advice without consulting a professional about your personal situation. Tax laws are subject to change. Indices are unmanaged and not available for direct investment. Investments with higher return potential carry greater risk for loss. No one can predict the future of the stock market or any investment, and past performance is never a guarantee of your future results.
- With Economic Recovery Intact, Stocks Are Near Record Again
- Are The Five Stocks Driving The Market's Great Returns Overvalued?
- Despite Gloomy Jobs Report, The Economic Outlook Remains Bright
- S&P 500 Rebounded Today After A Difficult Week And Month
- China Financial Contagion Fears Come And Go In A Few Days
- August Retail Sales Indicate The Recovery Is Intact
- This Week’s Financial Economic News
- Latest Financial Economic News For Investors
- After Fed Inflation Policy Speech, Stocks Closed At New Record High
- Stocks Closed 1% Off All-Time High; Strong New Economic Data
- Stocks Broke Record High Again This Week
- U.S. Jobs Picture Improved, Covid Variant Risk Declined, And Stocks Closed Week At Record
- This Week’s Economic And Investment News
- Positive Earnings, Housing, and LEI News; Stocks Closed Week At A Record
- Today Versus Post-War History Of U.S Economic Cycles
- Stocks Surged 1.1% Today, Closing At A Record High For The Third Straight Week
- Strong Jobs Report Confirms Recovery
- What's Ahead For The Second Half Of 2021?
- Despite Strong Economic News, Stocks Dropped This Past Week
- Stocks Closed At A Record High; What's Expected For The Rest of 2021?
- Jobs Situation Report Pushes Stocks A Fraction From All Time High
- Inflation Rate Doubled In Past Two Months
- Fed Signals It's Thinking About Starting To Talk About Tightening
- Expect Inflation To Make Investors Nervous Through 2021
READY TO TAKE THE FIRST STEP?
Schedule your no-charge, no-obligation Introductory Phone Call.